Since forming over a decade ago, Austin, TX trio Under the Rug have cut their teeth as songwriters and engineers, writing and recording dozens of projects, amassing a dedicated fanbase, garnering praise from major publications like American Songwriter and independent tastemaker blogs including Mystic Sons, Two Story Melody, Comeherefloyd, LA On Lock and more, and even receiving a co-sign from The Mountain Goats’ John Darnielle. Lead singer, songwriter and guitarist Casey Dayan, guitarist Sean Campbell, drummer Brendan McQueeney, and keys/ percussionist Dominic Turchiarelli have taken a fanatical and steadfast approach to DIY marketing, which has helped grow the band’s audience exponentially since their 2019 debut album Pale King. With their sophomore LP Dear Adeline, the band grossed over $100,000 within the first month of their CD campaign, and have since received hundreds of thousands of comments from a fierce fanbase on social media, including 300 members from their own home-brewed membership service, The Secret Hideout. Coming off the success of their Junior LP “Homesick For Another World”, Under The Rug plans to hit the pavement hard this year in celebration of the record and the recent viral buzz surrounding the hit single “Lonesome and Mad” - which was the top searched song in the US for hours on Spotify and continues to top Spotify virality playlist charts in several other countries. The album is comprised of their most popular and powerful tunes to date, amassing a boastful 2.7 million views on social media platforms before the official release of the first single. Packing a decade’s worth of friendship and songwriting in a beat-up van, Under the Rug’s on-the-go work ethic has yielded expansive records written on the road to Los Angeles brimming with hope and hard-won truths from the heart. They're a band that believes putting the work in manifests success.
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.