Synth-Pop artist Roosevelt has shared his latest single, the anthemic ‘Ordinary Love’, which is also his debut release on Ninja Tune’s Counter Records imprint. The track is his first release since his 2022 collaboration ‘Passion’ with the legendary Nile Rodgers.
Roosevelt, is the artist moniker for Marius Lauber. The German producer, instrumentalist, vocalist and DJ’s kaleidoscopic new track weaves together funky bass, shoegaze-leaning guitars, vibrant synths and a stadium-sized chorus, with the psychedelic fusion combining to transcendent effect.
“I wanted to create some kind of urgency that resembles the euphoria of a new love, with all its bliss but also the uncertainty that comes with it,” he says of the track.
Having left his studio in Cologne in search of new inspiration, the track was written in an isolated cabin in the Elysian Heights of Los Angeles last summer.
Layering many synths together, Roosevelt originally called the single ‘Wall Of Sound’ when he was working on the initial demo. Sonically, the idea of the sound of the sirens, which are played on a vintage Prophet 5, came as he wanted to “create an underlying feeling of instability.
“It worked out as a great contrast to the melodic chords,” Roosevelt adds, “as there's always a slight disharmony going on throughout the track”.
It also comes after his third album, ‘Polydans’, which was released in February 2021 and, according to SPIN magazine, “got bodies moving and hearts racing” and his remix of Taylor Swift’s global phenomenon ‘Anti-Hero’ in late 2022. More new music is expected from Roosevelt this summer, alongside his return to the stage as part of a huge live tour.
URBAN LOUNGE VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside beverages.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* All served beverages must remain inside the venue and back patio area.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.
You have selected ADA tickets.
ADA tickets are reserved for patrons with accessibility needs and their companions.
The venue for this event reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry without refund
should they determine that this ticket was purchased fraudulently.