Initially formed in 2004, it was in May 2010 that the formation of Soen was officially announced. The original lineup consisted of former Opeth drummer Martin Lopez, Testament and Sadus bassist Steve Di Giorgio, Willowtree vocalist Joel Ekelof and guitarist Kim Platbarzdis. The first
song “Fraccion” was released on the band’s official website in October 2010.
Funding member drummer Martin Lopez, describes Soen’s Music as “melodic, heavy and intricate”. Since Lopez and Joel Ekef fformed the group, Soen have never shied away from exploration and analysis of self or society, both as musicians and expressionists. 2012’s “Cognitive” beat a firmly heavy, progressive metal path, before 2014’s “Tellurian” saw Soen star to to stride freely into their own power and unique visions. Their third offering, “Lykaia”, was a conceptual journey exploring earthier places. Soen’s fourth album, “Lotus” is another journey using a different set of perspective. The Album was released on February 1st 2019 via Silver Lining Music. Produced by David Castillo and Inaki Marconi
at Ghostwards Studio and Studio 6 between July and October 2018. “Lotus” contains dissertations on modern society such as “Rival”, “Covenant” and “Martyrs” that are the fraught with poetic, finitely designed confusion and chaos. Specific meanings, however, remain at once deeply personal and wholly universal.
Produced by Iñaki Marconi and the band, “Imperial” (2021) was mixed and mastered by Kane Churko, who has worked with the likes of Ozzy Osbourne
and Bob Dylan. Eight crisp, sharp, and supremely constructed songs spanning frustration, reflection and hope, “Imperial” is the most fierce and dynamic release of Soen’s journey, which will engage the listener immediately and sustain long after this crazy time has passed, its rich details destined to make it a classic metal album of this era.
METRO MUSIC HALL VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside beverages.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* All served beverages must remain inside the venue and back patio area.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.