Growing up in Cupids, Newfoundland, Canada, a town of less than 800 people, Elita spent most of her childhood in isolation. With encouragement from her parents, she developed artistic skills in photography, drawing, dancing, singing and music. She changed high schools frequently as a teenager. Feeling removed from friends, she found comfort in social media, where she began gaining a following on instagram in 2015, and began modeling. In 2017, Elita launched her own business, designing zines and a few years later, a weapons jewelry line. That same year, she met her boyfriend, Tim. Although Elita hadn’t engaged in anything
musically since she was a teenager, Tim recognized her musical potential and encouraged her to start singing again. The couple recorded a cover of 'After Hours' by the Velvet Underground. With a growing interest in the cinematic arts, Elita focused on writing a movie script with Tim (to no success). However this attempt at collaboration led to them writing their first single, ‘I Hate Everyone But You’ (2018). They had no intention of making the song public, but after recording a test demo, they decided to release it. Tim concentrated on writing more songs
with his bandmates, and sending these instrumentals to Elita who would write lyrics and perform vocals. This collaboration led to the eventual recording and release of Elita’s debut EP, ‘Sick Girl’ (2019), which was followed by the 'Blood Sucker' (2020) and 'Anxiety Angel' (2021) EPs. The projects combined have over 30M streams.
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed. Service animals must have identification.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.