Lone Star State metallers Creeping Death combine the crushing, doom-laden brutality of Swedish death metal with the kinetic, neck-snapping drive of classic Bay Area thrash. Originating in the metal-rich town of Denton, but later based out of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the group was founded in 2015 by vocalist Reese Alavi, guitarist Trey Pemberton, bassist Eric Mejia, and drummer Lincoln Mullins. Frontman Alavi caught the hardcore bug at the age of 18 after attending a particularly pummeling and cramped Tattoo Parlor set by Dallas thrashers Power Trip. Inspired by classic grindcore and old-school death metal giants like Bolt Thrower and Grave, and drawing lyrical inspiration from the massively multi-player online role-playing game Runescape, Creeping Death issued the three-song EP Sacrament of Death in 2016. The band's second EP, 2018's Specter of War, became an underground hit and eventually caught the attention of eOne, who signed the group later that year. Creeping Death's first full-length effort, the merciless Wretched Illusions, arrived in September 2019.
URBAN LOUNGE VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside beverages.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* All served beverages must remain inside the venue and back patio area.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.