Kainalu is a psychedelic funk recording project by independent multi-instrumentalist and producer, Trent Prall. Drawing influence from modern psychedelia and classic motown artists he grew up listening to, Kainalu’s unique sound has gained international appeal. Kainalu’s core is rooted in Prall’s Japanese-Hawaiian heritage; the word roughly translating to ocean waves, but more personally the concept of the ocean rising and breaking down the islands through time and the impermanence of life. Kainalu explores this meaning through both its sound and visuals. Joined by a guitarist, Joe Waldbillig, bassist, Evan Nelson, and drummers, Matthew Allen and Julian Russell. Prall creates a more jam-oriented live interpretation of his recorded music.
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed. Service animals must have identification.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.