Matthew Logan Vasquez’s writing goes where he goes. Synonymous with the sound of Southern California in the early 2000s, MLV’s first and most prominent band, Delta Spirit formed in his home state in 2005 and went on to tour internationally, appearing on coveted festival stages like Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza and late night TV like Jimmy Kimmel and Letterman. Now nearing 10 years of releasing music as a solo artist and a handful of side quest projects like Glorietta and Middle Brother, Vasquez’s upcoming record, Frank’s Full Moon Saloon has the self-dubbed Calitexican’s sound firmly planted in the Lone Star state, his current and teenage home. “I’m a product of both the 90’s Austin music scene (Old 97’s, Ian Moore, Reverend Horton Heat) and Southern California in the early 00’s (Elliott Smith, Richard Swift).” With the primary goal to capture “the alchemy of a live honest moment” and make a more raw, song forward record, Vasquez recorded most of Frank’s Full Moon Saloon himself in the garage honky tonk of a beloved neighbor and mentor. The album features more exposed versions of songs from throughout his career as well as guest appearances from members of Dr. Dog, Dawes, Deep Sea Diver, and Shovels & Rope. Recommended listening for those drawn to the musical stylings of modern writers like David Bazan and Hamilton Leithouser and underground giants Doug Sahm and Ry Cooder.
URBAN LOUNGE VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside beverages.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* All served beverages must remain inside the venue and back patio area.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.
You have selected ADA tickets.
ADA tickets are reserved for patrons with accessibility needs and their companions.
The venue for this event reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry without refund
should they determine that this ticket was purchased fraudulently.