With lyrical skill matched only by his raucous live shows, Prof has arrived on the national stage. Coming out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Prof has perfected the art of combining blue collar hard work and unimpeachable content with never taking himself too seriously. His seventh studio album, Horse, due out on his own Stophouse Music Group label April 14, 2023, is set to let the world at large in on a secret that music fans already know, Prof is a force to be reckoned with.
His most recent album, Powderhorn Suites, shocked pundits and industry alike with an amazing run through the charts and streaming platforms. Released in November, 2020, Powderhorn Suites reached a career-high #3 on the Billboard Current Rap Albums charts, #5 Top New Artists Albums, #15 Independent Album, and #36 Billboard Top Albums. What followed has been a masterclass in making it as an independent artist; Prof leaned into the fantastical tales and dynamic persona that have cultivated his rabid fan base. He reclaimed his outlets, going from zero Youtube followers to over 160,000 subscribers in under two years. Following the Powderhorn Suites album, Prof notched his biggest year to date in 2022, racking up over 140 Million streams of his catalog and performing 30 sold out shows across the country.
Horse is the culmination of his personal Rocky training montage, but you can’t call it a comeback, because Prof’s numbers have only ever gone up. Horse is a powerful record, showcasing his singular drive and the weirdness of real life that has propelled Prof to the pinnacle of the independent rap music world, bringing his legions of “Gampos”, as his fans are affectionately known, alongside him. Horse’s 14 tracks include a heavyweight cast of features, from Method Man on “Subpar”, to Kevin Gates’ big sound gracing “Devils Gate”, and a brilliant appearance from Redman on “Pack a Lunch”. Prof’s contemporaries have clearly noticed the ever growing Gampo movement bursting out of the Twin Cities. Cozz and Mac Irv also appear on the album, which was produced by Prof alongside a small cadre of close collaborators.
Prof will follow up the release of Horse with a XX city headline tour, hitting marquee live music venues like YY and ZZ, along with some key festival appearances. Riding life sized carpets over his massive crowds and leaving it all on the stage, Prof’s live shows have always been more than a concert, they are an experience. As the audiences grow and his production evolves, Prof has moved from survival mode to takeover mode, and one thing is for sure, Prof thrives on the biggest stage.
METRO MUSIC HALL VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside beverages.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* All served beverages must remain inside the venue and back patio area.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed. Service animals must have identification.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.