With his musical project Horse Head, Chris Thorne has pioneered the fusing of emo, pop-punk, and indie elements with hip-hop. Initially gaining distinction as a producer, Horse Head has become well known for his distinctive vocal delivery and poignant lyrics which resonate with listeners as he sings about experiences with loneliness, depression, and heartbreak.
Growing up in Orange County, California, Horse Head was the frontman of various bands, most notably forming the indie trio Tan Dollar in 2010. In 2013, he began to deviate from performing in groups, producing various hip-hop beat tapes instead. Horse Head soon joined the underground musical collective Thraxxhouse, connecting with artists Cold Hart, Wicca Phase Springs Eternal, and Lil Tracy. The frequent collaborators quickly formed their own niche collective: GothBoiClique. As a member of the renowned group, Horse Head released a triad of projects in 2016, including True Blue, Celebrity Crush, and Lock & Key. Horse Head also produced numerous tracks for the late Lil Peep’s breakthrough mixtapes Crybaby and Hellboy, and also featured as a vocalist on their notable single “Girls” and “Stop the Car.”
In 2017, Horse Head issued his independently released, fish narc produced, album This Mess Is My Mess. Horse Head has just announced his 2019 debut studio album We Had Our Fun, which features live instrumentation by YAWNS as Horse Head returns to his alternative indie roots. — Jack Angell
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.