“Art-Punk by non-punk non-artists”—Sego first caught the attention of LA tastemakers with their penchant for avant-garde grooves helming indie-pop hooks. Since its genesis, Sego’s prolific output and experimental live shows have garnered all the accolades modern indie bands dream of—critical praise from NPR, European tours, festival spots at Bonnaroo and Austin City Limits, and a national (Xfinity) commercial airing on the Olympics and the Super Bowl. Sego’s third full-length offering (being released in 6 week intervals) expands upon their pop sensibilities and thematic musings while boasting all the resistance and intelligence that makes them the most compelling art-punks in the scene. Spencer Petersen (vocals, guitar), Thomas Carroll (drums), Alyssa Davey (bass), and Kathleen Frewin (everything else); write and record music from their warehouse in downtown LA endearingly referred to as "The Cube."
- “I need every last second..Los Angeles-based quartet Sego creates boisterous, hook-driven indie rock reminiscent of Beck or Phoenix in the early 2000s." - Bob Boilen, NPR
- "[Sego's] music is technical, yet accessible....Very fashionable non-fashion." - Corey Fox, VELOUR LIVE
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.
You have selected ADA tickets.
ADA tickets are reserved for patrons with accessibility needs and their companions.
The venue for this event reserves the right to refuse or revoke entry without refund
should they determine that this ticket was purchased fraudulently.