‘BLEU GRAVE’… a name describing the peace and danger that comes from the ocean… A concept jotted down in a notebook in 2016, paying homage to a great Uncle’s sacrifice in WW2. Left to die by the Navy aboard the battleship destroyer the USS Juneau, Captain Swenson and crew that met a watery death in shark infested waters.
The notebook was put away and forgotten but materialized again in 2021. Two brothers from Newport Beach CA; Solomon (lead singer & rhythm guitar) and Smith (lead guitar) decided to collaborate creating riffs, progressions, and lyrics. Dabbling in post punk, shoe gaze, beach goth, and new wave. Quickly realizing they were headed towards something bigger than themselves, organically started looking for other band mates. Ethan on (drums) answered the call soon followed by Elias on (bass) and finally Michelle on (keys &backup vocals). Inspired by bands like The Growlers, New Order, The Pesos, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, The Smiths, and The Cure; They became “BLEU GRAVE”.
KILBY VENUE RULES
* No weapons of any kind.
* No outside food or beverages.
* No alcohol. Kilby Court is a dry, all ages venue.
* No drugs or illicit substances.
* No smoking inside the venue.
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vending, soliciting, handbills, sampling, or giveaways.
* No flash photography.
* No moshing, crowd-surfing, or stage diving.
* No pets allowed. Service animals must have identification.
* No backpacks or large bags. Small purses and fanny packs allowed but subject to search.
* Security reserves the right to search bags, perform pat-down checks, and refuse/revoke entry at their discretion. These reasons include intoxication, disturbing hygiene, engaging in hate speech, belligerent or noncompliant behavior, acts or threats of violence, disturbing other guests, etc.